A Team Coach’s Guide to using Team Connect 360
Our unique 360 feedback diagnostic is often used in the Inquiry phase of a Systemic Team Coaching project, enabling a team to identify topics on which they should focus.
Team Connect 360 quickly and efficiently generates insights into how a team is perceived by its stakeholders, direct reports and by members of the team itself. Once stakeholders have been identified by the team, their feedback is gathered online (the site can be accessed through a PC, tablet or smartphone).
If you have taken the AoEC Systemic Team Coaching Certificate, you’re licensed to use this powerful online team 360 tool with your clients.
Running a TC360 SURVEY
- Contact MikeSmith@AoEC to commission a report
- Identify the survey respondents with team leader and agree a timeline
- Send the information to AoEC on the form provided with the required start date
- AoEC starts the survey and respondents are sent login details and instructions by email
- Progress updates are sent to the coach
- Respondents are sent reminders
- The survey is closed on the agreed date
- The report is sent to you by email
- You brief the team leader and agree how to share the report with your client team
In the following short webinar, Systemic Team Coaching Faculty Alan Taylor and Programme Manager Mike Smith explain how the tool works and how to set it up:
You can download a copy of the slides used in this webinar here.
The questions and report are designed around Peter Hawkins’ Five Disciplines model and cover:
- Stakeholder Expectations – what the team is required to deliver
- Team Tasks – what the team does to meet those expectations
- Team Relationships – the interpersonal and group dynamics
- Stakeholder Relationships – how the team connects with those it serves
- Learning – how the team develops to meet future challenges
- Productivity – the team’s capacity to deliver
How is the data gathered?
Respondents are divided into categories and their feedback collated in these categories in the report – enabling you to review the information by stakeholder type. There are four main categories and you can include three sub-categories of ‘Other Stakeholders’:
- The primary stakeholder – usually the Team Leader’s boss
- Team members – all members of the team including the Team Leader
- Reports to the team – those who report into the team members
- Other stakeholders – you can divide these into three categories to group responses together in the report. Stakeholders could include customers, clients, suppliers, partners, regulators, board members etc
Respondents are invited to complete a short on-line questionnaire that addresses six areas of team performance.
- For Stakeholders, there are just three questions in each of the six areas – simply requiring a numeric score. There is also an invitation to include comments.
- For Team Members, there are two more questions in each area addressing what is happening inside the team that only they will know about.
There are three price bands for a TC360 report – Band A for up to 30 respondents, Band B for between 30 and 50 and Band C for over 50. Please contact Mike.Smith@aoec for prices.
For prices and to commission a Team Connect 360 report, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Team Leaders Guide is a short document you can share with your client to explain how the report works and what they need to do.